- What are cookies?
- A cookie is a small text file containing small amounts of information, which is placed by a platform onto a computer or device.
- Cookies are designed to assist a computer or device to remember something the user has done within that platform e.g. remembering that the user has logged in to www.pgfireplacesandstoves.co.uk or which buttons have been clicked.
- We use this information to improve our platform to offer the best experience for you, our guests. Our platform also employs cookies and similar technologies placed by our carefully selected third-party partners.
First-party cookies are those set by a platform that is being visited by the user.
Third-party cookies are cookies that are set by a party other than that of the platform being visited by the user. If a user visits a platform and another entity sets a cookie through that platform this would be a third-party cookie.
- Cookies are available in two different formats:
- Our platform uses the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the platform and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the platform. Without these cookies, services like enabling appropriate content based on your type of computer or device cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use the platform, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the platform works.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies allow the platform to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other platforms.
- Social media cookies: These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button on the platform. The social network will record that you have done this. This information may be linked to targeting/advertising activities.
- Targeting/advertising cookies: These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a platform and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to platform functionalities. Our marketing cookies also allow you to participate in customer surveys, giving you a chance to provide us with feedback and allowing us to further improve your online experience.
- Session cookies
These cookies only last for the duration of your visit to our platform. We use session cookies to help improve your experience with us and to support key activities that you want to undertake on our platform. An example of this is in our platform purchase system, where session cookies are used to retain the detail of products you have chosen to add to cart until you are ready to complete the purchase. These cookies are administered by us and none of your data is stored or retained after you have left our platform.
- Persistent cookies
These cookies are uploaded onto your computer/device and remain in place until they expire or you choose to delete them. These cookies are used for instance to measure your engagement with our platform. They allow us change and develop our platform to improve your experience with us. We may use this data to send you content around areas of interest to you. Our marketing cookies also allow you to participate in customer surveys, giving you a chance to provide us with feedback and allowing us to further improve your online experience.
- To make full use of the www.pgfireplacesandstoves.co.uk platform experience, cookies need to be enabled on your browser; certain features will not work if you reject cookies. Cookies are used to offer a personalised experience when browsing the platform.
- If you choose not to allow cookies you will still be able to browse the platform but your experience will not be as beneficial as if you have cookies enabled. Without persistent cookies (see definition above)you will not be able to purchase a product at www.pgfireplacesandstoves.co.uk or manage any existing orders as cookies are required for these processes to be completed.
- The main benefit of accepting cookies is that they allow us to improve your experience at www.pgfireplacesandstoves.co.uk by remembering information about you, so we can personalise the experience.
- Are cookies used on web, mobile, tablet and apps?
Yes, cookies, or other data storing devices are used on all of our digital channels (web, mobile, tablet and apps).
- PG Fireplaces and Stoves on social networks
We offer our customers the ability to share details of our stoves and fireplaces on social networking platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
- To make full use of the www.pgfireplacesandstoves.co.uk platform experience, cookies need to be enabled on your application; certain features will not work if you reject cookies. Cookies are used to offer a personalised experience when browsing the platform.
- If you choose not to allow, or to restrict cookies, you will still be able to browse the platform but your experience will not be as beneficial as if you have cookies enabled. The main benefit of accepting cookies is that they allow us to improve your experience at PG Fireplaces and Stoves by remembering information about you, so we can personalise the experience.
- In any case, you have different options to manage the cookies on your computer or device. You can change your application settings to prevent cookies from being accepted, or, depending on which application you are using, you might be able to receive an alert when a platform is trying to place one on your computer or device.
- Your application’s ‘help’ menu should tell you how to block cookies or change your cookie settings. How you adjust your application will depend on the application you are using.
- You can delete/restrict cookies stored in your computer or device by using a function in your application. Whilst this does not mean you won’t receive cookies in the future, it gives you freedom to delete/restrict your cookies after you have been online. This function is often known as ‘clearing cookies’.
- Clearing your cookies on one application of one computer or device does not automatically clear them on another. You need to clear all applications on all channels independently.
- You can find some helpful information about cookies on www.aboutcookies.org*